Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Farewell!

This last Sunday I gave my farewell talk! It was such a wonderful day. A lot of my friends and family came down for support and it was so fun to see them. My talk went pretty well too! I talked about some experiences that made me feel I should serve a mission. For example, my Nicaragua trip back in summer 2014, or my relief society calling at BYU last year. I was so nervous giving it, but I prayed before asking that I would be articulate and calm. My prayer definitely worked. Afterwards some friends came up to me and told me I didn't seem nervous at all! Either they were just being nice or my prayers really were answered. ;) I'm so grateful for that spirit that guides and helps us. I know I'm going to need that a lot on my mission. Mckenzie Hunter also gave her homecoming that day too! She just got back from her mission in Peru. It was so fun hearing about all her experiences. It got me so excited to have my own experiences similar to hers. I still can't believe she's already back too! I felt like that went really fast. Later after church, we had a Swedish food extravaganza at our house! Me and my mom stocked up on Swedish treats from Ikea. We got meatballs and the famous Lingonberry sauce to go with it. It was quite delicious. :) It tasted like cranberry sauce but 10X better! It will be interesting to see how similar the food I eat in Sweden will be to the one we made at the party. I'll keep you all posted! ;) Today is also my last day at mission prep with Brother Griner! I'm so sad to leave his class but it's weird I've been there already for 6 months! Where does the time go?! Anyways I'm so excited to start my journey as a missionary! A week from today I'll be stepping into the doors of the MTC!! I can't wait to learn how to teach and I hope I can be an effective missionary. Bye for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment