Monday, January 11, 2016

Snow glorious snow!

HHey there! This week was fun. On Monday, our friend David was moving to Santa Barbara so we went over to wish him good luck and to say our last goodbyes. I made him a list of all the fun things he needed to do in California! ;) David is the bomb. He made up a missionary song for each of us individually and sang it to us. We sang 'God be with you till we meet again' right before we left. Hope he's doing well!

Tuesday the Beckstrands came and interviewed us! It was great seeing them again. They are our parents away from home and they are just the sweetest. Oh and also I cut my hair! Not super super short but shorter than it was before. :) I like it. We also got a ton of mail and packages from friends and family so thank you!

Wednesday it was below 0 Fahrenheit and my eyelashes turned white while we went out! haha. It was actually kinda cool. I was trying to get a picture but it was too dark. So I will try to get a better one next time it happens (because I'm sure it will again lol). We also had dinner at a members house that night and we were all excited and then we knocked on the door and they were like, 'Oh my goodness we forgot! hahaha' But they were sweet and ordered us pizza anyway. :) We had the cutest family homevening witht them and their little kids.The dad is from Hawaii and the mom is from Sundsvall! So cool!
Thursday and Friday was just filled with lessons and meeting with people. :) We had a district meeting too and went to a chinese buffet afterwards. It reminded me of when me and my family and the Tribbles in Grand Junction would always go to this yummy Chinese buffet. The one here wasn't as good as the one in Colorado lol.

Saturday was really fun because the Sister Training Leaders from Uppsala came and did splits with us! Syster Gardner and Syster Irene are their names. :) They are super sweet. We taught a few lessons with them and did a little trackting and then we all met up back at the church for this cute primary activity we were invited to! They had these yummy hot dogs called Korv. All the kids were dancing around the Christmas tree and taking ornaments off it and there were secret little treats in them. :) Then Jultomptin (santa) came again and gave out godis to everyone! I was like what the heck its janurary and jultomptin is still here?! haha I love it, they gotta soak up all the holidays. :) My cute little friend Sorra was there too and we made funny videos together on our phone. We then took the STLs back to the train station and said our goodbyes to them! I found this cool Sundsvall dragon there too and sat on it lol.

Söndag was the best. (like always) I love the branch so much. Everyone is so loving and sweet there and they always try to talk to me but my Swedish is still dålig (bad). :( haha So I just smile at them and try my best to respond. :) We did some trackting after church and then went back home for some språk and middag! I had my first herbal tea ever!! It was so delicious and soothing. :)

Anyways the highlight of this week would probably be Farhad and Baktiar getting ready for baptism this week. :) They are honestly the sweetest guys I have ever met and they say this gospel has changed their life. They've been through a lot they've said and they feel so much peace now. I wish I could talk to them more. All I can say to them in Persian is Chetori (how are you?) Salam (Hello) Khobam (good) Mannam khobam (I am good) and Soffra (tables cloth) lol. They inspire me so much. I am so grateful everyday that I get to see the gospel bring light into peoples' lives. Even though so many people here don't want to hear it, those very few people that are ready for it are the reason I'm here. :) I love you all and hoppas att ni har en jätte underbar vecka! Vi ses nästa vecka
Kärlek Syster Berlyn Davis

This is what my view is everyday haha.
Love sending letters! If you write me I will write you!
Dramatic companion picture. The lake behind us is frozen. And we found a dog statue.
Found a Sundsvall Dragon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment