Monday, February 8, 2016

Patience Week

Hej allihopa! This week was pretty hard not gonna lie. Me and Sys Brink decided it would be fun to have a theme for this week and work on our patience. How hard could that be right? Everyone needs more patience eller hur? ;) Well, let me just say, everything this week defiently came crashing down on us and our tålamod (patience) was tested.

The week started out great actually. We had a fun P-Day activity up in the mountains and we roasted korv and Äldste Pearson played some Zelda tunes on his mini flute. We explored through the forests and we could see all of Sundsvall up there and it was gorgeous. It felt like Narnia and the Hobbit haha. I dumbly only wore converse and my feet were about to freeze off but I survived! We found all these goats and a huge cabin kid play area and we played on it for a while it was really fun.

The next day we spend all day driving around to our appointments and every single one got bloasted. We then had to find this lost package place and we kept having to drive around in circles because the entrance was nonexistant! After like 20 minutes we finally found it. On top of all that, we got dropped by almost all of our investigators. It's always sad when that happens and it means we have to do a lot more knocking on doors and chatting with people on the streets. We also decided to do an entire day of no English, just Swedish. I. completley. lost it. I just started bawling and said I couldn't do it anymore. I was so tired of not understanding people, people not wanting talk to us, being so cold, missing my family, wanting to eat tacobell, having the worst Sweidsh grammar and just having the biggest desire to help people who don't want to be bothered. During our lunch break I just laid in my bed and cried in my pillow. I hit the greenie wall.

I prayed probably the hardest I ever had in my life. Asking for help and guidance and for anything that could help me stop feeling all this stress that has built up. The first feeling I had was to get a priesthood blessing. So we called up the Äldster and we met them at the church. I was kinda embaressed to even ask them for this because I felt like I was being I little bit dramatic but I just had a feeling it was what I should do. They asked me what was wrong and I tried to hold back the tears but I coudn't and I just let everything out (again haha). I told them I hit the greenie wall. They were so comforting and they told me this is what priesthood blessings were for. After I got my blessing, every single negative feeling and sadness I felt disappeared. It was seriously the most amazing thing. I could feel the saviors love saving me from the adversary.

After that little incident everything was all better again. :) We met with some sweet members and they gave us a scarf an all this fika! It just shows you when you are at your worst state and you feel like giving up, the Lord is always there to lift you back up.

Me and Syster Brink were feeling spontaneuous and we made this potato salmon casserole for dinner. It was pretty good. We had Kladkaka to go with it as well! I can't tell you how much I LOVE Syster Brink. She really is my mom away from home. She makes me yummy food, she listens to my problems, helps me calm down when I get stressed out, and is just the BEST. I only have 3 more weeks with her so I'm making everyday count!!

Sunday was fast söndag too and it was just the best. These cute little twin girls went up and bore their testimony. They were talking about Meet the Mormons and how good of a movie it was hahah. It was adorable.

Anyways, those are the highlights of this week. It was a tough one but the hard weeks are definitley the ones you learn the most from. I'm so grateful to be a missionary for the Lord in this beautiful country. I love this gospel with all my heart and I love teaching it to those who are seeking it. I love learning about others faith as well and getting perspectives from all kinds of different individuals. I know God loves every single one of his childeren and wants us to know that we don't have to ever feel alone in this hard life. I love you all and continuing being great. :) Till nästa vecka!
Kärlek
Syster Davis

View of Sundsvall from our hike. :)
The best Distrikt.

No comments:

Post a Comment