Monday, February 6, 2017

That TÄBY life

Well everyone, it has been crazy. Monday I packed up all my belongs and said goodbye to some great people. Me and Syster Heaps had a fun last P-Day together. Seriously gonna miss that girl so much! We've had the best transfer together and I can't believe how fast the time went. Time goes so quick when you're having fun. :) We then had a trevlig middag hos the Angelini's and went to the YSA center FHE with Hasib! It was great to see everyone one last time and Hasib wrote in my book in Bengali so that was legit haha. What a dream this place as been! Missions are the best.

Tuesday we had another jammed back day of goodbyes! Felix took all us missionaries out for Thai food so that was fun! Our investigator Mehdi then took us out to fika too. :) We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it's the little things like faith and repentance and sacrament that build us up little by little. He agreed to be baptized. :) What a guy, gonna miss him. We then said goodbye to sweet Marie who was showing us all these pictures of her childhood! Such a treat. Gonna miss Marie and our deep talks with her. She brightens our day with her stories and life advice and her cool cats. ;)

The day of transfers finally arrived and I got all my stuff and the sweet Watsons drove us to the train station. Syster Watson gave me a little goodiebag with treats and gave me the biggest hug. Love them with all my heart. Said goodbye to Syster Heaps too which was pretty sad. :( That's probably the hardest thing about missions, so many goodbyes all the time. So hard. I hopped on the train to Stockholm! Looking out the window of the train and looking at the beautiful country always makes me emotional haha. Teared up a bit and thought how weird it was that this could be my last long-term train ride as a missionary. So many feels.

After a long train ride, the Jakobsberg Systers (Syster Wilson and Syster Shin) came and helped me and Syster May with all our lugagge! During all the hussle and bussle this hobo lady literally fell on my when the brake jerked really hard on the train. She ran out the very next stop...hmm sketchy, I looked down and realized the phone was gone out of my pocket..Fyy. :( We got to Täby centrum and had no idea how to get to our apartment and had no phone to call for help so we asked this random guy to borrow his phone and the office elders came to the rescue! :) The guy who let us borrow his phone said he was actually intersted to meet sometime so maybe that was the reason we lost our phone haha! We got settled in and read the cute area report the previous systers wrote for us. Me and Syster May are stoked to be together again. :) We laughed how usually when we get a new comp the first day is usually getting-to-know eachother day and we already knew eachother. ;)

The first few days were pretty rough without a phone but we explored our new area and talked to lots of people. We had district meeting at the office and it was weird being back in the same district I was 6 months ago! Fun to be back and to meet all these new people. :)

Church was just wonderful as well. After a long week of travelling, tears, excitement, new horizons, and new people, everything seemed to come together at church. :) Täby ward is darling! Everyone was so welcoming and happy that me and Syster May were here. They welcomed us in and it was fun to even see some old friends I knew from when I served in Jacoksberg. :) 4 people we talked to on the street came to church too so that was fun! Life has been great so far here in the town of Täby. So many great adventures ahead of us and just enjoying these last few months as a missionary. Trying not to think about how little time I have left but always so excited of the thought of seeing and hugging my family again. :) Making every second count då!

Hope you all have a great week and till next time. :)

Kram,
Syster Davis


​The Angelinis. Bäst.


Täby C. Our only kontakting life


​View from my desk. :) (and my godis fix)


Täby Kapellet!


​Visiting Alam på sjukhuset

No comments:

Post a Comment