Monday, September 26, 2016

Last week in Jakobsberg.

Hallå! I just want to say getting all these emails from my all missionary friends around the world makes me so emotional. God gave us all these different cultures, and I love it. Culture is so beautiful. There are so many and they are different in their own way. I love seeing that, even through all the diversity, the gospel is the exact same for every single one of them. :) This really is God's work and I can't express my gratitude to be a part of it. Vi alla är hans barn, alltid.

Anyways this week was an emotional one as well. It was my last week in my little Jakobsberg! So many feels and goodbyes. This place has been my home for the past 6 months and I will cherish every memory I had here. :) It's always so hard saying goodbye to the amazing people you meet. They have such a huge impact on us missionaries.

On Wednesday Teng and Na insisted they make us dumplings for lunch. :) I was sad to say hejdå to them but I told them I would see them again in April when my family comes to pick me up. :) We met with the Cisternas for dinner and Birgitta for fika this week too! They are such sweet members and will be missed dearly. We had some fun chats about James Dean with Birgitta. ;) She is such a sweetheart and converted to the church in her 20s and served a mission here in Sweden when she was younger. I look up to her so much. The swedish members here are so golden.

We met with this family from Eritrea as well who were pretty solid in their christian faith. They invited us in for breakfast and started bible bashing us a little bit saying we were dumb for believing Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost were separate beings and that we believe in more scripture along with the Bible. They wouldn't really let us get a word out and just started throwing a million bible scriptures in our face and trying to prove us wrong. I quietly listened to them and said a small prayer in my heart to help me be able to say something bold to them. At the perfect moment I don't know where the words came from but they just came out of me and I told him (the dad who was bible bashing us) that I admire how knowledgeable he was in the Bible and that he was probably more knowledgeable than I'll ever be. I testified that even though I don't know everything, I knew the holy ghost testifies to us truth and if we read the Bible and the Book of Mormon together with a humble heart to know if they are true and pray to God, in the name of Jesus Christ, we will find it is true. Immediately they were all silent and just flipped to being the sweetest people ever saying they can feel Christ with us. It was such a powerful experience and even though they still refused to even try reading the Book of Mormon I just hid it on their kitchen seat before we left and maybe someday they will open their hearts to read it, and feels its truthfulness. ;)

Anyways we had transfer calls this week as well! It always puts you on the edge of your seat a little bit finding out where you are going to go. We got the call and I will being heading down to Helsingborg with the amazing Syster Campbell and Syster Eldridge!! I could not be more excited to see were this next adventure down in Skåne leads. :)

Sorry I don't have a lot of time but I have loved my time here in Stockholm. :) It has been such a dream and I am going to miss my sweet greenie Syster Matwaychuk and the fun memories we've had together. I tell her everyday that she has been my angel and I am so happy to leave little Jakobsberg in her hands. :) She will do great! Love her, Love Sweden, Love the gospel, and love all of you! Take care and hope to give you more details next week! Ha det så bra och vi ses. :)

Kärlek,
Syster Davis



Teng and Na made us all authenthic chinese food


​Fika with Birgitta. :)


​My fav Marcela and Angie❤.


​Last dance with our Jakobsberg family. Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment